Baked Idaho Potato Salad
Baked Idaho® Potato Salad
This palate-pleasing salad won first prize at the 2011 South Beach Wine & Food Festival’s Idaho® Potato Side Dish Challenge which took place during Rachael Ray’s Burger Bash
Yields 8 servings
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, washed
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake potatoes for about 1 hour or until fork-tender. Cool potatoes at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into ½-inch cubes and place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until mixed well; place in casserole dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until warm in center.
- Notes and Suggestions
- Top each portion with a bit more sour cream and scallion slices before serving.
- To lighten this up, you can substitute the sour cream and cheese for lower fat varieties and use turkey bacon in place of the traditional favorites.
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission