Au Gratin Idaho Potatoes
Yields 6 servings
- 2 pounds of Idaho® potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a shallow 1½ quart casserole with butter. Arrange sliced potatoes in layers.
- Sprinkle with melted butter, salt and pepper. Top with grated cheddar cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Recipe courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission