Baja Cumin Idaho Potatoes
Baja Cumin Idaho® Potatoes
Yield: 15 servings
- 4 Idaho® potatoes (size #2), washed and diced into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup clarified butter
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced ¼ inch
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced ¼ inch
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced ¼ inch
- 1 small red onion, diced ¼ inch
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- fresh lime juice, ¼ lime
- ¼ cilantro, rough chop
- ½ cup fresh tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch Idaho® potatoes in boiling water.
- Heat butter in large saute’ pan or skillet; add all three bell peppers, onion and jalapeno; add approximately 1 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes.
- Add cooked Idaho® potatoes, cumin, garlic, onion powder and black pepper; toss regularly while cooking on high heat; cook until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove Idaho® potatoes from heat; squirt lime juice over potatoes.
- Fold cilantro and tomato; season to taste; place in serving dish.
- Top with Cotija cheese; melt in oven, if you choose.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Recipe Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission